Thursday, September 13, 2007

Happy 90th Grandma!!

90 years is what we celebrated tonight for my great-grandma. It is so hard to even imagine what she has lived through, experienced, rejoiced over and mourned over. I have known her all of my 33 years and honestly can't think of a nicer human on this earth.

If you remember we almost lost Grandma a couple of times over this last year and she has been through some rough times and has more to come, but tonight she was in great spirits and seemed with it cognitively. All of that in itself is a gift, but having such a beautiful light still shine on this earth is an even greater gift.

I never want grandma to suffer and when God is ready for her, I hope she is able to go peacefully, but I am reminded tonight of how special she is to me and how lucky I have been to be influenced by her.

Happy Birthday Grandma,
I love you, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck.
(we say this every time we part, it is our thing)

CC

2 comments:

Heather BT said...

Howdy!
I love it, It takes me back. My Mum sung that to me when I was little & now I mentioned it to my husband, he said it was from Guys & Dolls & I never knew.
Both My Mum & bro. have seizure disorder & so I know it can be both scary and controllable. Here's hoping the neurologists are able to do good things in Doodle's life in the future!
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to blog.
I was wondering if you would put a link to your charity on your blog? I was interested in finding out about it.
Heather BT
http://adoptakid.blogspot.com

Denise Mall said...

Happy Birthday CC's Grandma!!

Prayers and Best Wishes for YOU!