Sunday, July 09, 2006

How to Tip the Scales




You know the old phrase "tip the scales"? I appear to be attempting to literally do that this weekend. I considered using the title "The Big Binge Weekend of July 2006", but I wanted to add a photo...so here we are. Seriously, I have never ever eaten as much as I have in the past 48 hours, it is astounding. Why you might ask? Well, I am not 100% sure, but I have a few guesses.

1. I am in the middle of a very important and serious work project that required me to work this weekend, a rarity thankfully, but a big source of stress nonetheless.

2. The hubster left v. early on Saturday for a mission trip down south, this means my best friend and confidante is gone for a week AND I am a single mom for a week. Added stress with this because of item 1 above.

3. I am needing to do multiple things for other venues in my life, the not-for-profit, finishing some adoption paperwork stuff that I promised myself I would get completed THIS SUMMER, etc.

4. Stress about the situation with the girls, not because of the girls, more because of another's involvement and how to handle it.

5. I STRESS EAT.

Now, the one thing I have learned about myself over the last year is that when I am stressed I eat, BUT, when I am absolutely totally miserable and can't function due to it, then I can't eat. So, I know all is fine, I am just stressed, but to a level I can handle.

What have I eaten you ask with the curiousity that one would attribute to watching the events of a wreck...? Let me see if I can capture all feasting items, the order is meaningless as many were eaten several times:

Life cereal (multiple bowls), 5 donuts, almost an entire veggie pizza, 2 breadsticks, carrots and roast, 2 biscuits, sherbert ice cream, 2 coney dogs with onion, shells and cheese, baked beans, pot roast sandwich, dirt pudding, and I am honestly not sure what else as I do believe some food was ingested in a food-induced haze. Wow, can one person really eat all of that in such a short period of time? I am here to tell you that yes, indeed, one can; however, the guilt and rather ill feeling will lead one to vow to NEVER do that to again. Ever.

Now, my busyness at work continues tomorrow and I am just hoping that after the events of the weekend will still allow me to fit into some of my business clothing!

On a good note, my kiddos were angels this weekend as I had to try to split my time between a very high pressing work project involving 2 continents and their time zones and my true priority, my kids. They truly are the best.

I sent the girls a note and am thinking about them so much, I love those girls v. much.

Well, I had to document the horror that was my GREAT BINGE of JULY 2006.

Life is this good...

CC

No comments: