Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Summer Slim Down


Okay, the truth hurts, and here it is...I can't seem to get where I want with my weight. At my highest weight ever, after infertility, then the adoption from hell, and then trying to adjust to life with twins and a sometimes stressful job and trying to juggle everything, I saw 205 on the scales in 2004. I could not believe it, but it was true.

Since that frightening time, I have managed to get down to a low of 171 but now continue to yo-yo between this and about 187...which is where I was as of Monday afternoon on the scales at work. I am mad and more than a bit disappointed with myself. I have gained about 10 pounds in 2 weeks, since returning from Cambodia. YIKES. What is a fat girl to do? Well, let me tell ya...

We are having a large weight loss competition at work, groups of 4 competing from July 12 through October sometime and whoever loses the largest percentage (group percentage), wins all kinds of fantastic prizes and is hopefully more able to work their professional work clothes as an added bonus;). I have a good team, but nobody that REALLY needs to lose a lot of weight, so I am not thinking we will win...but I could try to take the individual award...I am really ready to get down to my goal. GOAL = 147!

So, let's see if I can get a ticker going here of how far I have come, and how far I have yet to go. I will hopefully post an update on the slim down weekly, so anticipate!


"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" - cheesy, I know, but going to try to make it true! I even drank 66 ounces of water today!

CC

1 comment:

Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Okay first off... wow, I love your blogroll! You rock at html! ;-)

Secondly, I am sooo impressed that you are willing to put your weight out there and I just know you are going to hit that target weight in no time! (or at least by October)