Wednesday, May 28, 2008

500 Festivities and Long Weekend

Well, this weekend I had my crack at princessness and I must admit, I had a lot of fun. Riding on the float was a complete hoot and I stood up there and smiled and waved, it was crazy but fun! The kids were the most fun part because they were in some stands near the end of the parade with their nanny and they were yelling and screaming and jumping up and down yelling "Hi Mommy!" - seriously, made my day.

The rest of the weekend was fine, but long. Normally, I would like that, but this weekend, without D, was just long. I much prefer the weeks because the time goes by a bit faster. I have about 3 weeks until I see him and I can't wait!

I am going to try to attach a video or 2 of my experience on the float, let's see how it goes...playing with my new Flip here. The first is of me spotting the kids, it is quite wiggly as I was laughing at them and the float was moving, so beware. The second one is of one of the really good bands that played, at least some of their music.







CC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh, waving and videotaping at the same time - very impressive! I love marching bands. My kids think I'm a total dork because I get so excited when I see them in a parade. (ok, probably am a dork, but hey, they are fun!!)

Heather BT said...

Howdy!
I'm impressed, waving, video taping and staying upright on a moving float at the same time. I certainly didn't know it was all possible (it isn't for me at least I know that much).
Amazingly enough, we received our Pre-Approval today, Eight days since LOI.
Gos is good.
Heather Bt